Strategic Harvest and Transportation Plans Benefit Our Clients
Wes Bieber of Weyerhaeuser Canada wrote, "FEI has been a valuable resource for Weyerhaeuser Canada, Vavenby Division, since 1993
FEI has supplied or assisted Weyerhaeuser with:
- 46,500 hectars of engineering plans in mylar, digital, and aerial photograph formats,
- reliable processes for establishing these plans on the ground,
- reliable processes for managing data that is acquired during the development of cutting permits with these plans, and
- understanding road, landing, and cable yarding challenges.
Benefits listed to the Vavenby Division include:
- roads are located in the right place for productive logging and hauling operations,
- roads (considered to be the largest environmental impact to industrial operations in the forest) are minimized,
- logging contractors benefit from productive and safe layout,
- plans are generally understandable and defendable,
- other resource values/features are easily planned for up front in the planning process,
- plan approvals are much faster as plan reviewers have confidence in the landscape planning process,
- field time is being spent more effectively by both company and consultant crews, and
- morale of field crews is much higher as they are given effective tools to work with."